Dear Puppet Guild and Friends of Puppetry,
Summer has wrapped itself up too quickly and we are entering that magic time of Fall and Holiday events. With that thought, we hope you will make plans to join us on Saturday, October 9, starting at 9:30 am for a fun HALLOWEEN themed puppet workshop and puppet shows at the Brigham City Fine Arts Center (58 S 100 W, Brigham City, UT). There will be some make-n-take puppets, show and tell time (bring your latest project and we’ll inspire each other), practicing puppet techniques, and puppet shows! And lots of visiting and catching up!
– $2/person or $5/family *workshop (shows are included with workshop fee)
– $2/person or $5/family if you come just for the puppet shows in the afternoon.
*(puppet making may require additional $2/project if you choose to do more than one make-n-take project.)
Here is the schedule we have planned:
- 9:30 am – Meet and greet and Puppet Show and Tell time
- 10-11:30 am – Choose from a variety of puppet crafts. We will have sculpted face finger puppets, and talking bottle puppets, as well as, demos for a few other puppet types.
- 11:30 to 12 noon – Learn Puppet performance techniques. We will have a few jokes, stories, rhymes, and songs for puppets to move to.
- 12 noon to 12:30 pm – Lunch break Bring a sack lunch, enjoy a group order of Pizza or sandwiches (lots of fast food nearby) or eat out.
- 12:30 to 1:30 pm – Puppet shows: Pumpkinella by Carla Schulz (Paradise Puppetworks), Mother Ghost Stories by Shelby Rickart, and Bedtime Stories by the Fine Arts Center
- 1:30 to 2:30 pm – Meet the Puppeteers.
** We are asking folks to wear masks when working together (outside of family groups), and to help us use social distancing, or wear masks for the shows.
Hope to see you all there!