Thanks to everyone who attended the first three workshops. We had a great time and made some really fun puppets. If you missed them, there’s still more to come.
And the Last Workshop Scheduled (so far)
The Puppetry Arts Guild of Utah’s Annual Puppetry Workshop will be held this year at the SCERA Center, 745 S State Street, Orem, on Saturday, April 14. Registration starting at 9:30 am with workshops following from 10 am to noon, with a break for lunch and resuming again from 1 to 4 pm followed by the puppet follies.
The Registration is $25/family (up to 5 members), or $8/person. The following is a list of the classes offered this year:
– Parade Puppets–Learn how to make parade puppets (All Ages) taught by Randall McNair
– Learn Ventriloquism–Learn techniques and tips (All Ages) taught by Kerry Summers
– Wanna-be Puppets–Learn how to take a stuffed animal and make it into a wide-mouth puppet Bring your own stuffed animal (All Ages) taught by Lorie Hawley and Sharon Evans
– Puppet Performing–Learn Performing Techniques and participate in Improv Skits (All Ages) taught by Jonathan Wilson
– Wanna-be Marionettes–Learn to turn smaller stuffed animals into simple marionettes Bring your own small stuffed animal (All Ages) taught by Lorie Hawley
– Sock Puppets–Bring a sock that will reach your elbow and make a fun sock puppet (All Ages) taught by Joe Flores
– Nylon Soft Sculpture Faces–Learn basic techniques of soft sculpture and make-n-take a spoon rod puppet $6 kit fee for this class (Teens and Adults) taught by Carla Schulz
Hope to see you all there on Saturday, April 14!
Happy Puppet Thoughts to All.